Signed as an undrafted free agent by Denver Broncos
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Not explosive in any aspect. Lacks the quickness to redirect and handle cut blocks. Unable to complete most combo blocks. Gets an initial shove at the line but doesn't move the second target. Poor body control and lacks accuracy blocking on the move.
- He's athletic and a pure left tackle whose high-hipped frame and waist bending might be exposed against pro pass rushers.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Nolan Laufenberg (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank