- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
How other scouting services rate Chandon Herring (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank