Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 193 (CAR)
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has a strong upper body with physical, powerful hands and works hard to gain body positioning in the run game.
- Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
How other scouting services rate Deonte Brown (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank