Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Davis opted to join South Carolina State.
In 2019 as a freshman Davis saw action in 11 games for the Bulldogs as he made 31 receptions for 632 yards for an average of 20.4 yards per reception, with 6 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 79.6.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 4 games and had just 14 catches for 292 yards for an average of 20.9 yards per catch, with 4 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 93.3.
As a junior in 2021 he played 10 games and hauled in 43 catches for 864 yards for an average of 20.1 yards per catch, with 8 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 96.0.
As a senior in 2022 he played 11 games and had 44 catches for 944 yards for an average of 21.5 yards per catch, 10 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 89.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Davis has strong hands and is extremely competitive, and Davis has an innate sense of timing when it comes to elevating and high-pointing balls.
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- He’s at his best working in space, showing the quickness and vision of a return specialist. His stop-start ability allows him to create initial separation.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. He has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- He also has value as a catch-and-run threat, running hard and consistently picking up yards after the catch.
- Davis also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, he has the speed to pick up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His playing speed is less than elite. Davis won’t run past defenders like Davis did at the college level.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- NFL defenders may be able to knock him off his route because of his slight frame.
Shaquan Davis percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Shaquan Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank