- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Physical player able to get off press coverage to release up the sideline or position himself inside the cornerback on slants and crossing routes.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Tarik Black (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank