Draft Profile: BioTy'Ron Hopper from Roswell High School was rated a After high school, Hopper joined Florida after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Hopper saw action in just one game and played a total of 3 snaps at cornerback for the Gators. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Gators in 2020 Hopper played in 5 games and took part in 75 snaps for the Gators. He recorded just 9 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 3 total pressures, and one QB hurry, one QB hit, and one sack during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Hopper played in 13 games and contributed on 471 snaps. He recorded solid 51 tackles, 11 assists while making 34 stops. In coverage Hopper chalked up 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a decent QB rating when targetted of 88.5. As a pass rusher, he produced 13 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
After season's end Hopper transferred to Missouri where as a senior for the Tigers in 2022 Hopper played 12 games and took part in 687 snaps for the Tigers. He also added solid 54 tackles, 15 assists, and 37 stops. While in coverage Hopper made 2 pass breakups, one interception, and an impressive QB rating when targetted of 66.8. As a pass rusher, he tallied 30 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and a solid 4 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Hopper will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ballcarrier.
- He has good quickness and an excellent understanding of angles, often beating blockers to the spot.
- He’s ultra-aggressive and plays with a non-stop motor, and Hopper has the instincts and closing speed to find the ball and meet the ball carrier quickly.
- Accelerates rapidly and has a great feel for angles. Hopper isn’t huge, but he packs a pop.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but Hopper takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
Ty'Ron Hopper percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ty'Ron Hopper (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank