Draft Profile: BioZion Tupuola-Fetui from Pearl City High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Tupuola-Fetui joined Washington.
In 2018 as a freshman Tupuola-Fetui saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 11 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded only one tackle, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Huskies in 2019 Tupuola-Fetui played in 12 games and took part in 151 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded only 6 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Tupuola-Fetui played in 4 games and contributed on 222 snaps. He recorded only 8 tackles, 2 assists while making 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 20 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 7 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Tupuola-Fetui logged playing time in 5 games and logged a total of 130 snaps for the Huskies. He also added only 7 tackles, one assist, and 4 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 9 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Tupuola-Fetui logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 358 snaps for the Huskies. He also added 17 tackles, 2 assists, and 15 stops. While in coverage Tupuola-Fetui made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 118.8. As a pass rusher, he tallied 31 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 5 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tupuola-Fetui chases well in pursuit, and has the athleticism to play in space if asked to drop into coverage.
- He has prototypical size, with a little more room on his frame to add weight. He shows impressive quickness at the snap and plays at a good pad level.
- He has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- He has an excellent motor and shows the stamina to last deep into the fourth quarter.
- He’s explosive off the line of scrimmage, showing the quickness that sets blockers back on their heels.
- Tupuola-Fetui has violent hands and is able to consistently disengage from blockers. However, he needs to improve his functional strength to fight through blocks more effectively.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Because of his athletic limitations, Tupuola-Fetui lacks the ceiling of some of this draft’s top edge rushers
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Despite having violent hands, Tupuola-Fetui struggles to fight through blocks with strength and physicality; his playmaking is maximized when he’s able to avoid heavy blockages.
Zion Tupuola-Fetui percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Zion Tupuola-Fetui (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank