Draft Profile: BioZion Tupuola-Fetui from Pearl City High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Tupuola-Fetui opted to join Washington.
In 2018 as a freshman Tupuola-Fetui saw action in 2 games and played on a total of 11 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded one tackle, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore in 2019 Tupuola-Fetui played in 12 games while logging 151 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded 6 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher he chalked up 4 total pressuress, and 3 QB hurriess, one QB hit, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Tupuola-Fetui saw action in 4 games and logged 222 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded 8 tackles, 2 assists, while making 10 stops. As a pass rusher he produced 20 total pressuress, which included 11 QB hurriess, 2 QB hits, and 7 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Tupuola-Fetui logged playing time in 5 games and logged a total of 130 snaps for the Huskies. He also added 7 tackles, one assist, and 4 stops. As a pass rusher he tallied 9 total pressuress, which included 7 QB hurriess, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Works hard to get better and gives top effort on every play. Heads-up defender who shows good field awareness.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Zion Tupuola-Fetui (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank