Draft Profile: BioBeeJay Williamson attended Horn High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.857, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Williamson opted to join Louisiana Tech.
In 2018 as a freshman Williamson saw action in 4 games and played a total of 36 snaps at safety for the Bulldogs. He recorded just one tackle, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Williamson notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 39.6.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 336 snaps for the Bulldogs. He made 22 tackles, 6 assists, and had 7 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 158.0.
In 2020 as a junior Williamson played in 10 games and contributed on 541 snaps. He chalked up 38 tackles, 8 assists, and added 9 stops. In the secondary Williamson forced 3 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, and gave up an elite QB rating when targetted of 53.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Physical downfield and matches up well with bigger receivers. Tough and fiery with very good competitiveness. High-effort player.
- Flashes intimidating attitude and will crush tiptoeing receivers across the middle.
- Can track the ball downfield and gets his head around when playing in a trail position, and Williamson shows excellent ball skills when breaking on a route. He’s a plus tackler in run support as well.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Feet aren’t ideal, as Williamson gets sloppy in his backpedal and can be sluggish when transitioning to close on the ball.
- NFL teams are going to test him deep early on, and he’ll also be prone to flags since he’s grabby downfield.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
BeeJay Williamson percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate BeeJay Williamson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank