Draft Profile: BioCornelius Johnson from Brunswick High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Johnson opted to join Michigan.
In 2019 as a freshman Johnson saw action in 12 games for the Wolverines as he made 4 receptions for just 61 yards for an average of 15.3 yards per reception, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 157.1.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 6 games and had 16 catches for 246 yards for an average of 15.4 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 100.1.
As a junior in 2021 he played 14 games and hauled in 39 catches for 620 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 99.3.
As a senior in 2022 he played 13 games and had 29 catches for 462 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, 6 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 142.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Johnson has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- He shows good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage, and Johnson has enough strength to be able to consistently escape the jam at the next level. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who effectively tracks the ball downfield.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- He’s very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. Johnson also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- His playing speed is less than elite. Johnson won’t run past defenders like Johnson did at the college level.
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
Cornelius Johnson percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cornelius Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank