Draft Profile: BioLadd McConkey from North Murray High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, McConkey opted to join Georgia.
In 2021 as a freshman McConkey saw action in 15 games for the Bulldogs as he made 31 receptions for 447 yards for an average of 14.4 yards per reception, with 5 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 154.0.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played 13 games and had 51 catches for 675 yards for an average of 13.2 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 111.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; McConkey should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
- McConkey runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.
- He tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- McConkey shows good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage, and he has enough strength to be able to consistently escape the jam at the next level. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who effectively tracks the ball downfield.
- An excellent blocker on the outside, he also adds value in the running game.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- McConkey lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, McConkey isn’t great on contested catches.
- While he has the athleticism to be a catch-and-run threat, he never seemed comfortable catching, gathering, and transitioning to a runner.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
How other scouting services rate Ladd McConkey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank