Draft Profile: BioCurtis Jacobs from McDonogh High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Jacobs joined Penn State after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Jacobs saw action in 7 games and played a total of 64 snaps at linebacker for the Nittany Lions. He recorded just 7 tackles, no assists, while adding 3 stops. In coverage Jacobs notched up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 94.4.
As a sophomore for the Nittany Lions in 2021 Jacobs played in 12 games and took part in 605 snaps for the Nittany Lions. He recorded 48 tackles, 17 assists, while adding 29 stops. In coverage Jacobs made no pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 82.3. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 10 total pressures, and 6 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Jacobs played in 11 games and contributed on 494 snaps. He recorded 36 tackles, 11 assists while making 23 stops. In coverage Jacobs chalked up one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 63.8. As a pass rusher, he produced 19 total pressures, which included 14 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Along with great instincts, he’s an explosive mover. Jacobs can disrupt plays in the backfield due to his ability to read and react quickly.
- He shows good speed and closing burst when blitzing.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Jacobs can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Jacobs is slow to locate the ball and too often overruns plays, easily fooled by counters and misdirections. He has limited experience in coverage, and his awareness when dropping into zone will likely be an issue.
- He’s going to have to add weight, and even then Jacobs will likely be a liability against the run.
- Jacobs lacks elite traits in the pass rush and will need to develop a counter move.
Curtis Jacobs percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Curtis Jacobs (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank