- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
- Absorbs too many hits, delivers few. Technically unpolished and stops his feet on contact. Not a threat in space and lacks overall awareness.
- Has inconsistent quickness and lacks the natural burst to maintain balance and block in space. Extends his arms, but has soft hands and doesn't jolt rushers.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
How other scouting services rate Gabe Megginson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank