Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 139 (BAL)
Draft Profile: BioIsaiah Likely was a graded three-star prospect from ESPN coming out of high school and joined Coastal Carolina after having few offers from bigger schools. In 2018 as a freshman Likely played in all 12 games on the season, lining up at tight end. He however managed to make more of an impact in 2019 as he played in all 12 games, starting six and finished the season with 32 receptions, 431 receiving yards, and a team-high five touchdowns.
As a junior in 2020, he logged 30 catches for 601 yards and five touchdowns on the season. His 601 receiving yards were first among all Sun Belt tight ends. He was named to the 2020 Pro Football Focus All-America second team and made the 2020 Phil Steele Sun Belt Conference All-Conference first team.
In 2021 a senior he put up 912 YDs on 59 receptions with an impressive 12 TDs - he also chalked up an elite 138.6 QB rating when targetted. As a result of this outstanding performance, he made the 2021 Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) All-American second-team and a spot on the 2021 Walter Camp Football Foundation All-American second-team.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Very good athlete with decent speed and foot quickness
- Comes off the snap fast, low, and hard. Runs low and accelerates quickly.
- Very good lateral agility enabling him to have an impact as a run blocker
- Knee-bend and technique are good and he shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Is an excellent receiver and is threat going deep who has displayed excellent YAC skills
- Versitile player - lines up all along the line, put in motion, and as an H-Back
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- He is a highly competitive player and quickly gets to the perimeter, blocking well in space and at the second level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
- Only average size at 6-4 240lbs can be overpowered by bigger defenders
- Average size and power for the position; won't overwhelm with his strength.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
Scouting Report: SummaryIsaiah Likely is a quality NFL prospect who could well become an impact receiver at the next level. He possesses good speed and nice hands and has a knack for finding gaps in zone coverage. However, doesn't have the ideal size you look for in the position and lacks the power to make a major difference as a blocker.
We view Likely as a probable third/fourth-round prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft who will excel in a pass-heavy scheme.
Isaiah Likely percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Likely (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank