Jalen Wydermyer is a former four-star recruit out of Dickinson High School in Dickinson, Texas. He was a three-year varsity letterman in football and a two-year varsity letterman in basketball. During his sophomore year, he only had 11 receptions but turned those into 201 yards and five touchdowns. In his junior year, he was more effective. He had 27 total receptions for 460 yards and eight touchdowns. Finally, his senior year he made a total of 35 receptions for 771 yards and five touchdowns. At Texas A&M as a freshman, he racked up 32 receptions for 447 yards and six touchdowns. He was even better as a sophomore, helping the Aggies make up for the loss of Jhamon Ausbon and other receivers. Wydermyer was a solid target for Kellen Mond in 2020, snatching 45 catches for 502 yards and six touchdowns.
- A coordinated athlete and tough player to tackle, running with low pad level. Has good body thickness and strength.
- Above-average acceleration for a big man.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Wydermyer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank