Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 80 (DEN)
Draft Profile: BioGreg Dulcich was graded as a three-star recruit by ESPN and the No. 78 recruit in the state of California after a senior campaign where he caught 50 passes for 1,168 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also ran for three touchdowns and while playing on defense was credited with 21 tackles.
He accepted a scholarship to UCLA in 2018 and played sparingly then and also in 2019. In 2020 Dulcich played in all 7 games and started. He finished the year second on the team in receptions with 26 for 517 yards and a team-best 5 touchdowns. His 19.9 yards per catch average was second-best in the nation among tight ends. He also ranked second in the nation among tight ends in receiving yards per game (73.9)and as a result was voted second-team All-Pac-12 by the league coaches.
In 2021 he started all 12 games and finished the year with 42 catches and 725 YDs and 5 TDs. His 17.3 yards per catch average was No. 3 among the nation's tight ends and his 60.4 yards per game ranked number 5 in the Pac-12. Dulcich was a semifinalist for the John Mackey Award as the nation's top tight end.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has enough speed to challenge the seam but does not possess elite top-end speed.
- Good size, decent overall length has a excellent catch radius 33 ⅞” arms, 80” wingspan and big hands 10 ⅞”
- Is a big play specialist who excels as an intermediate and deep threat - has an AVG of 17.3 an 2021 and a 19.9 in 2021
- Long strider who eats up cushion quickly with decent lateral agility
- Demonstrates good overall versatility - has lined up as an H-Back, as a wideout, inline and in the slot
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Has enough upper-body strength to fight initial jam at the line of scrimmage and has the speed and athleticism to burn defenders challenging him.
- Catches with his hands away from his frame. Strong hands to pull down the contested reception.
- Has good hand-eye coordination and body control to turn and adjust to poorly thrown balls.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Might not be fast enough to be a consistent deep threat down the seam against NFL competition
- Doesn't break many tackles or do enough after contact
- Not particularly explosive isn't a quick twitch athlete
- Runs only average routes and tends to round them off
- Has had a number of concentration drops
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker and may struggle in the pro's in the run game
Scouting Report: SummaryGreg Dulcich is a decent NFL prospect who offers good skills in the receiving game. He offers a mismatch when paired up against linebackers and has some speed to stretch the defense. He has displayed the ability to make a number of big plays - but is limited as a blocker and often plays like a bulked-up wide receiver.
Due to Dulcich's skill set being a little uneven we expect his ceiling to be the fourth round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Greg Dulcich (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank