Draft Profile: BioJalen McMillan from San Joaquin Memorial High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, McMillan opted to join Washington.
In 2020 as a freshman McMillan saw action in just 3 games for the Huskies as he made one reception for just 16 yards for an average of 16.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 40.4.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 11 games and had 39 catches for 470 yards for an average of 12.1 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 67.7.
As a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in an outstanding 71 catches for an outstanding 1040 yards for an average of 14.6 yards per catch, with 8 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 118.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- McMillan runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.
- McMillan also has value as a catch-and-run threat, running hard and consistently picking up yards after the catch.
- He’s at his best working in space, showing the quickness and vision of a return specialist. His stop-start ability allows him to create initial separation.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- His long arms allow him to play bigger than his size, and McMillan has a frame that can carry a little more weight.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Physically, McMillan profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.
- McMillan really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
Jalen McMillan percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jalen McMillan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank