- Has smooth acceleration and deceiving speed. Balanced and very fast with the ball in his hands.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Tolbert (Overall Rank)