- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Has top focus and does a nice job catching the ball in stride. Decisive runner who doesn't go down easily despite his size.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Kevin Austin Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank