Draft Profile: BioJarrett Kingston from Anderson High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Kingston opted to join Washington State.
In 2019 as a freshman Kingston saw action in 7 games and played a total of 93 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 4 games and a total of 272 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a junior Kingston saw action in 13 games and totaled 854 snaps. He gave up an unipressive 17 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Uses his hands well, with good hand placement to maximize his powerful punch. Kingston shows impressive coordination between his upper and lower body when moving in pass protection.
- Exhibits good patience in pass protection, sitting back in his set rather than leaning and lunging.
- Shows excellent awareness when presented with stunts and blitzes, and Kingston works well with teammates on combo blocks
- Kingston will have a chance to develop as a right tackle or possibly inside at guard, where he could be an interesting prospect for a zone-blocking team. If nothing else, that versatility is enough to make him at least a quality reserve.
- A smooth mover and covers a lot of ground, working hard to mirror rushers; agile and keeps his feet moving.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- While he’s solid as an athlete, he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than setting in pass protection, as Kingston too often relies solely on his initial punch to stand up pass rushers instead of moving his feet.
- Middling physical traits limit his ceiling, and he most likely will top out as a fringe starter on the right side.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
How other scouting services rate Jarrett Kingston (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank