Draft Profile: BioGraham Barton from Ravenwood High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Barton opted to join Duke.
In 2020 as a freshman Barton saw action in 6 games and played a total of 430 snaps for the Blue Devils. He allowed 5 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 12 games and a total of 747 snaps. He conceded 10 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 6 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a junior Barton saw action in 12 games and totaled 826 snaps. He gave up 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Barton consistently plays beyond the whistle. He has good enough feet to hold his own in pass protection, particularly when factoring in his effort.
- Fires out of his stance with a good pad level, consistently winning at the point of attack.
- In the run game, Barton explodes off the line of scrimmage and consistently gets out to the second level to do damage.
- Hand placement is excellent, and he shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Has the football IQ to handle setting protections at the line of scrimmage, and he displays excellent instincts and awareness after the snap, effectively adjusting to twists and stunts
- Barton does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Often simply tries to push pass rushers past the pocket. Barton can also look a bit hesitant when it comes to recognizing and reacting to twists, stunts and blitzes up front.
- Attacks when necessary, though Barton won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- While he’s solid as an athlete, he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than setting in pass protection, as he too often relies solely on his initial punch to stand up pass rushers instead of moving his feet.
Graham Barton percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Graham Barton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank