- Runs precise routes with mostly crisp cuts. Very difficult to cover, gets separation consistently.
- He’s broad-shouldered, long-limbed and a smooth athlete who showed the ability to make plays downfield.
- Quick feet and good balance to create separation on stick and post routes.
- Has good hand-eye coordination and body control to turn and adjust to poorly thrown balls.
- Good burst off the snap, quick hands and good balance to gain a clean release.
- Castles tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- While Castles has the athleticism to be a catch-and-run threat, he never seemed comfortable catching, gathering, and transitioning to a runner.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- He’s largely a non-factor downfield, and he had issues with drops when running behind a defensive back and tracking the ball. More quick than fast, he won’t always be able to run away from NFL defensive backs.
How other scouting services rate McCallan Castles (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank