- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Short, stumpy build so he typically wins the leverage battle. When he does so, Chapman can be tough to move, even showing the ability to handle double-teams.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
How other scouting services rate Tyree Turner (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank