Draft Profile: BioXavier Williams from Chaminade-Madonna Prep High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Williams opted to join Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Williams saw action in just one game for the Crimson Tide and didn't feature in the passing game.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 5 games and featured little in the passing game.
As a junior in 2020 he played 7 games and hauled in only 3 catches for only 24 yards for an average of 8.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 72.1.
After the end of the season Williams transferred to Utah State where as a senior in 2022 he played 4 games and had just one catch for just 7 yards for an average of 7.0 yards per catch, no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 42.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as Williams is taking the top off a defense
- Williams tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- Williams fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Williams lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, Williams isn’t great on contested catches.
- Williams fights hard for the ball, but he too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Lacks ideal size and strength and is a ·mallish target with a lean, frail-looking frame. Can be overmatched at the line of scrimmage when physical !le/enders get their hands on him. Struggles in press coverage and was knocked on his back more than a few times.
How other scouting services rate Xavier Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank