Draft Profile: BioXavier Williams from Chaminade-Madonna Prep High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Williams opted to join Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Williams saw action in just one game for the Crimson Tide as he made 3 receptions for just 24 yards for an average of 8.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 72.1.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as Williams is taking the top off a defense
- Williams tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- Williams fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Williams lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, Williams isn’t great on contested catches.
- Williams fights hard for the ball, but he too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Lacks ideal size and strength and is a ·mallish target with a lean, frail-looking frame. Can be overmatched at the line of scrimmage when physical !le/enders get their hands on him. Struggles in press coverage and was knocked on his back more than a few times.
How other scouting services rate Xavier Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank