Draft Profile: BioAjani Cornelius from Archbishop Stepinac High School was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.920. Following high school, Cornelius opted to join Rhode Island.
In 2020 as a freshman Cornelius saw action in just one game and played a total of 22 snaps for the Rams. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 11 games and a total of 690 snaps. He conceded 11 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
In 2022 as a junior Cornelius saw action in 11 games and totaled 720 snaps. He gave up just 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right tackle.
After season's end Cornelius transferred to Oregon where as a senior Cornelius saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 183 snaps for the Ducks. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- At his best mauling in the run game, playing with a nasty demeanor and consistently keeping it going through the whistle.
- In pass protection, Cornelius flashes a strong initial punch and typically has good hand placement.
- Showing some nastiness to his game, he will sustain blocks through the whistle, thriving when he’s in the phone booth.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
- Cornelius does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- For now, however, he’s a developmental prospect with a chance to stick at left tackle on the next level, probably in a finesse, zone-blocking system.
- Attacks when necessary, though Cornelius won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Cornelius lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and he can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
How other scouting services rate Ajani Cornelius (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank