- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- If a scout were to draw up a starting NFL left tackle, the picture may look like a lot like Adams. His height, length and athletic build are prototypical for the position that helps protect the blind side of ultra-important starting quarterbacks.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Heavy-footed with limited lateral quickness. Stiff and looks like he's moving in wet cement in the open field.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
How other scouting services rate Cade Mays (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank