Draft Profile: BioAyodele Adeoye from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Adeoye joined Texas after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Adeoye saw action in 13 games and played a total of 584 snaps at linebacker for the Longhorns. He recorded 35 tackles, 11 assists, while adding 17 stops. In coverage Adeoye notched up one pass breakup, one interception, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 133.3. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2020 Adeoye played in 2 games and took part in 37 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded just 4 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
In 2021 as a junior Adeoye played in 6 games and contributed on 76 snaps. He recorded just 4 tackles, no assists while making 3 stops.
After season's end Adeoye transferred to Sacramento State where as a senior for the Hornets in 2022 Adeoye played 12 games and took part in 398 snaps for the Hornets. He also added 18 tackles, 14 assists, and 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 29 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, Adeoye has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
- Adeoye has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- He has decent enough flexibility to bend the edge, and he shows a good closing burst.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when he can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside.
- Adeoye can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, he also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks functional strength in the pass rush, struggling to disengage and too easily pushed past the pocket.
- Plays too high when trying to set the edge. His motor is inconsistent.
- Adeoye could stand to be more violent as a tackler in the run game, as Adeoye too often allows backs to run through his arm tackles. Adeoye also has limited experience dropping into coverage.
How other scouting services rate Ayodele Adeoye (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank