Draft Profile: BioAyodele Adeoye from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Adeoye opted to join Texas.
In 2019 as a freshman Adeoye saw action in 13 games and played on a total of 584 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 35 tackles, 11 assists, while adding 17 stops. In coverage Adeoye notched up one pass break up, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 133.3. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2020 Adeoye played in 2 games and took part on 37 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 4 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
In 2021 as a junior Adeoye played in 6 games and contributed on 76 snaps. He recorded 4 tackles, no assists, while making 3 stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Possesses strong upper body to be explosive and create turnovers as a tackler. Takes aggressive angles to the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
How other scouting services rate Ayodele Adeoye (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank