Draft Profile: BioAyodele Adeoye from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Adeoye joined Texas after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Adeoye saw action in 13 games and played a total of 584 snaps at linebacker for the Longhorns. He recorded 35 tackles, 11 assists, while adding 17 stops. In coverage Adeoye notched up one pass breakup, one interception, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 133.3. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2020 Adeoye played in 2 games and took part in 37 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded only 4 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
In 2021 as a junior Adeoye played in 6 games and contributed on 76 snaps. He recorded only 4 tackles, no assists while making 3 stops.
After season's end Adeoye transferred to Sacramento State where as a senior for the Hornets in 2022 Adeoye played 12 games and took part in 398 snaps for the Hornets. He also added 18 tackles, 14 assists, and 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 29 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s quick to react and locate the ball, and Adeoye shows enough speed to succeed in backside pursuit. Adeoye plays with excellent balance and a strong, flexible core, rarely ending up on the ground.
- While he has the flexibility to dip and bend under tackles, what makes him truly dangerous is his ability to counter.
- Combines excellent power with initial quickness, but one of his best attributes are his violent hands, which he uses with impressive precision.
- He chases well in pursuit, and he has the athleticism to play in space if asked to drop into coverage.
- He’s explosive off the line of scrimmage, showing the quickness that sets blockers back on their heels.
- His closing burst is outstanding, and he routinely finished plays last year. Adeoye has range and toughness as a run defender, capable of dropping anchor to set the edge and showing the acceleration to chase down the backside in pursuit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s not a guy who can be put on the edge every down and be expected to consistently create pressure.
- Adeoye lacks a physical element to his game. He’ll have a tough time setting the edge in the run game, and Adeoye struggles to disengage once blockers get into his chest.
- He’s often slow to react and locate the ball against the run.
Ayodele Adeoye percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ayodele Adeoye (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank