- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
How other scouting services rate Jamal Hines (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank