Draft Profile: BioCam Hart attended Good Counsel High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.870, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Hart opted to join Notre Dame after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Hart saw action in just one game and played a total of 3 snaps at wide receiver for the Fighting Irish. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Hart notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 6 games and logged 88 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He made only 4 tackles, no assists, and had no stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 93.0.
In 2021 as a junior Hart played in 13 games and contributed on 739 snaps. He chalked up 36 tackles, 6 assists, and added 10 stops. In the secondary Hart forced 5 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a very good QB rating when targetted of 61.1.
In 2022 as a senior Hart saw action in 11 games while playing 568 snaps. He logged 24 tackles, 4 assists, and made 14 stops. In coverage Hart had 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a solid QB rating when targetted of 89.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a powerful punch at the line of scrimmage and can deliver it while moving his feet. Hart also has the powerful core and hips to stick to a receiver downfield and escort him to the sideline
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Likely has the length and physical ability to fit in a press scheme but ideal fit as a zone defender because of his recognition skills and an above-average burst to close on the ball.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Questionable technique and Hart gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Physicality comes and goes when facing the run. Hart doesn’t show much in the way of take-on skills once he meets a blocker
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Hart might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
Cam Hart percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cam Hart (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank