Draft Profile: BioKamari Lassiter from American Christian High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Lassiter opted to join Georgia after being heavily recruited.
In 2021 as a freshman Lassiter saw action in 9 games and played a total of 158 snaps at cornerback for the Bulldogs. He recorded just 9 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops. In coverage Lassiter notched up 2 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 76.8.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played in 13 games and logged 710 snaps for the Bulldogs. He made 31 tackles, 4 assists, and had 15 stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 83.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has quick feet and above-average straight-line speed with improving patience as a runner. Follows pulling guards and makes smart decisions on his cut.
- Shows initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Has a good feel as an inside and outside runner with above-average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience and footwork to pick through defenses.
- The player's competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allow him to play bigger than his size.
- He is an instinctive runner with a knack for setting up defenders and making them miss in space. Excelling in space and on the perimeter, he displays balance, acceleration, and speed.
- Excels in the screen game, quickly transitioning from receiver to runner and showing the twitch to evade defenders in space.
- He keeps his pads low and consistently falls forward, showing his lateral movement and stop-start ability, which often leaves defenders missing their tackles.
- Equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations and in exploiting a defense's vulnerabilities.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks effectiveness in pass protection with poor technique in cut blocking, merely slowing down blitzers without fully stopping them.
- Although comfortable in traffic, he could be more proactive in creating separation.
- While he can play bigger than his size suggests, he lacks the ideal powerful frame to consistently run between the tackles.
How other scouting services rate Kamari Lassiter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank