Draft Profile: BioChristian Mahogany from Paramus Catholic High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Mahogany opted to join Boston College.
In 2020 as a freshman Mahogany saw action in 10 games and played a total of 706 snaps for the Eagles. He allowed 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 11 games and a total of 706 snaps. He conceded 4 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- An agile mover who puts his length to good use, using his hands aggressively and landing solid initial punches. Mahogany can move to the second level as a run blocker, with the coordination and balance to hit moving targets.
- In pass protection, he’s a fire hydrant who plays with a wide base and plenty of core strength.
- Bursts offthe line of scrimmage and has tremendous natural strength and power, able to dominate at the point of attack and wipe out defenders in the run game.
- When his hand placement is right, Mahogany has the strong grip that allows him to manhandle opponents. He plays with a mean streak and keeps the nastiness going through the whistle.
- Understands angles and plays with good leverage. He has long arms and heavy hands, using them effectively in pass protection, and he has a strong enough initial punch to get an edge on quick sets.
- Mahogany does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s shaky as a pass protector, which is troublesome for the next level. Mahogany often plays too high with an inconsistent kick slide.
- As a pass protector, Mahogany typically has to quick set and use his powerful hands to win early in the down — he lacks the quickness to consistently mirror as a pass protector.
- He’ll occasionally stop his feet when delivering a punch, and he doesn’t play with ideal balance when moving back into his set. He’ll often struggle to mirror if he can’t win early on passing plays.
How other scouting services rate Christian Mahogany (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank