Draft Profile: BioCooper Beebe from Piper High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Beebe opted to join Kansas State.
In 2019 as a freshman Beebe saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 24 snaps for the Wildcats. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and a total of 463 snaps. He conceded an impressive 5 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Beebe saw action in 13 games and totaled 759 snaps. He gave up an impressive 6 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a strong, flexible core, and the ability to absorb and anchor against the bull rush as a pass protector.
- has strong arms and a powerful grip, and Beebe displays the core strength and leg drive that allow him to create movement at the line of scrimmage.
- Showing some nastiness to his game, he will sustain blocks through the whistle, thriving when he’s in the phone booth.
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and he has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Beebe fires off the ball quickly and plays with excellent leverage, possessing the leg drive to push defensive linemen back and re-establish the line of scrimmage. He’s very good in the phone booth, with strong hands and upper-body strength, and he’s willing to get nasty and finish off blocks.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Not great in space and tends to lose power the farther Beebe has to move; he doesn’t finish as well on the second level as he does battle in the phone booth around the line of scrimmage.
- While he’s fairly quick considering his size, he doesn’t offer much range as a pulling blocker, lacking the speed to get out in front as a lead blocker.
- He’s not ideal as a pulling guard, lacking the speed to get out in front as a lead blocker and struggling to change directions out in space.
How other scouting services rate Cooper Beebe (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank