Draft Profile: BioChristian Haynes from Bowie High School was rated a 2-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.700. Following high school, Haynes opted to join Connecticut.
In 2018 as a freshman Haynes saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 60 snaps for the Huskies. He allowed just one QB hurry, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and a total of 835 snaps. He conceded 14 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 5 sacks while playing at right guard.
In 2021 as a junior Haynes saw action in 12 games and totaled 815 snaps. He gave up 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right guard.
In 2022 as a senior Haynes saw action in 12 games and played a total of 736 snaps for the Huskies. He allowed just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Haynes is a work in progress with high-end physical traits. He’s extremely light on his feet for a 300-pounder, a natural knee bender who plays with balance and leverage.
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and Haynes can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- He has the powerful upper body, strong core and the grip to win at the point of attack. He does a solid job as a hand fighter. Haynes also flashes the agility to get around and land blocks as a puller.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where he plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s good but maybe not great in a phone booth. Can move defenders at the point of attack, but at times Haynes comes up high and seems satisfied walling defenders off rather than dominating them.
- Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and he too often finishes plays on the ground.
- Has some limitations in pass protection. Because his length is not ideal for a tackle spot, he might have to move inside.
How other scouting services rate Christian Haynes (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank