- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Walter Rouse (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank