Draft Profile: BioWalter Rouse from Sidwell Friends High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rouse opted to join Stanford.
In 2019 as a freshman Rouse saw action in 12 games and played a total of 731 snaps for the Cardinals. He allowed a disappointing 19 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 5 sacks while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 6 games and a total of 438 snaps. He conceded just 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Rouse saw action in 12 games and totaled 733 snaps. He gave up an impressive 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a senior Rouse saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 168 snaps for the Cardinals. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Walter Rouse (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank