Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 103 (NO)
Draft Profile: BioNick Saldiveri from Parkwood High School was rated a 2-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.780. Following high school, Saldiveri opted to join Old Dominion.
In 2018 as a freshman Saldiveri saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 85 snaps for the Monarchs. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left tackle, and the rest at tight tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and a total of 716 snaps. He conceded an unipressive 22 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Saldiveri saw action in 13 games and totaled 924 snaps. He gave up 13 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 5 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
In 2022 as a senior Saldiveri saw action in 11 games and played a total of 691 snaps for the Monarchs. He allowed an unipressive 16 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows excellent awareness when presented with stunts and blitzes, and Saldiveri works well with teammates on combo blocks
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- Technician as a pass protector, playing with a wide base and very good balance. Saldiveri has heavy hands, but more impressively, he is consistent with his kick slide and shows impressive lateral movement.
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and he has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- Strong enough to control and plant linebackers and safeties attacking gaps.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and Saldiveri too often finishes plays on the ground.
- Solid all-around prospect, but he’s not elite in any one area.
- Clearly more comfortable moving forward than sliding back as a protector.
Nick Saldiveri percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Nick Saldiveri (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank