Draft Profile: BioDallas Gant from St. John's Jesuit High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gant opted to join Ohio State.
In 2018 as a freshman Gant saw action in one game and played on a total of 8 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded 2 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2019 Gant played in 11 games and took part on 120 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded 10 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 3 total pressures, and one QB hurry, no QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Gant played in 5 games and contributed on 79 snaps. He recorded 8 tackles, 6 assists, while making 2 stops. In coverage Gant chalked up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 101.7.
In 2021 as a senior Gant logged playing time in 3 games and logged a total of 47 snaps for the Buckeyes. He also added 7 tackles, one assist, and 3 stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
How other scouting services rate Dallas Gant (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank