Draft Profile: BioAbraham Beauplan from Navarro College High School was rated a After high school, Beauplan joined Marshall.
In 2020 as a freshman Beauplan saw action in 10 games and played a total of 374 snaps at linebacker for the Thundering Herd. He recorded 30 tackles, 13 assists, while adding 19 stops. In coverage Beauplan notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 82.5. As a pass rusher, he added 8 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Thundering Herd in 2021 Beauplan played in 13 games and took part in 646 snaps for the Thundering Herd. He recorded decent 65 tackles, 33 assists, while adding 39 stops. In coverage Beauplan made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 109.0. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 12 total pressures, and 5 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Beauplan played in 11 games and contributed on 432 snaps. He recorded 36 tackles, 14 assists while making 26 stops. In coverage Beauplan chalked up 4 pass breakups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 72.6. As a pass rusher, he produced 6 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a natural in coverage, with the movement skills of a defensive back in man coverage against tight ends.
- He’s outstanding on the blitz, showing initial burst and quickness with his first step, with the core strength to bounce off blocks and overpower backs in blitz pickup, closing fast on the quarterback.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #87. He wrote, "The 6-2 235-pounder from Florida showed off his speed when he ran the 40 in the high 4.5s and made 133 tackles at Navarro JC in Texas. Beauplan had little trouble transitioning to FBS football, leading the Herd in tackles with 110 and 11 TFLs. This offseason, he vertical-jumped 37 inches, squatted 565 and benched 385. His strength and athleticism really translated onto the field."
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass-rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Beauplan will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ball carrier.
- He’s at his best in coverage. He’s a fluid mover capable of turning and running with tight ends or mirroring backs coming out of the backfield.
- Has enough hustle and athleticism to make plays in the flat against running backs. Lacks height but has the vertical and timing to knock away passes when approaching the quarterback.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Beauplan is slow to locate the ball and too often overruns plays, easily fooled by counters and misdirections. Beauplan has limited experience in coverage, and his awareness when dropping into zone will likely be an issue.
- He’s very much a work in progress, with a limited repertoire of pass-rush moves and an inability to use his hands effectively.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
Abraham Beauplan percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Abraham Beauplan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank