- Shows the speed to recover and slide back into his set but gets too narrow-based. Has jackhammer hands and delivers constant hits until the play is over. Has light, quick feet sliding but only adequate overall burst.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Strong enough to control and plant linebackers and safeties attacking gaps.
- Quick out of his stance with the footwork to be effective in front of screens. Willing to get out in front of ballcarriers to take out defensive backs and linebackers.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Dawson Deaton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank