Draft Profile: BioDylan Wonnum from Tucker High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Wonnum opted to join South Carolina.
In 2018 as a freshman Wonnum saw action in 9 games and played on a total of 505 snaps for the Gamecocks. He allowed 7 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 7 games and a total of 485 snaps. He conceded 12 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 4 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
In 2020 as a junior Wonnum saw action in 10 games and totaled 676 snaps. He gave up 13 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at tight tackle, and the rest at left tackle.
In 2021 as a senior Wonnum saw action in 6 games and played on a total of 378 snaps for the Gamecocks. He allowed 2 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork, staying light on his feet. Has the lateral range, natural shuffle movements, and lower body quickness to mirror speed rushers.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
How other scouting services rate Dylan Wonnum (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank