- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Dylan Wonnum (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank