Draft Profile: BioEdefuan Ulofoshio from Bishop Gorman High School was rated a -star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Ulofoshio joined Washington.
In 2019 as a freshman Ulofoshio saw action in 7 games and played a total of 217 snaps at linebacker for the Huskies. He recorded 27 tackles, 10 assists, while adding 13 stops. In coverage Ulofoshio notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 114.6. As a pass rusher, he added 8 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Huskies in 2020 Ulofoshio played in 4 games and took part in 235 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded 35 tackles, 16 assists, while adding 15 stops. In coverage Ulofoshio made 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and an impressive QB rating when targetted of 57.1. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 6 total pressures, and one QB hurry, 4 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Ulofoshio played in 6 games and contributed on 291 snaps. He recorded 37 tackles, 16 assists while making 18 stops. In coverage Ulofoshio chalked up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 50.9. As a pass rusher, he produced 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Ulofoshio logged playing time in 4 games and logged a total of 66 snaps for the Huskies. He also added just 5 tackles, 2 assists, and one stop.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Ulofoshio can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- Ulofoshio has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- He’s rangy and instinctive when he’s looking into the backfield as a zone defender.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks functional strength in the pass rush, struggling to disengage and too easily pushed past the pocket.
- He’s more of a grab-and-drag tackler who could stand to be more violent as a hitter.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
Edefuan Ulofoshio percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Edefuan Ulofoshio (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank