Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 91 (BUF)
Draft Profile: BioDorian Williams from Indian Land High School was rated a After high school, Williams joined Tulane.
In 2019 as a freshman Williams saw action in 5 games and played a total of 77 snaps at linebacker for the Green Wave. He recorded just 5 tackles, 3 assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Green Wave in 2020 Williams played in 12 games and took part in 527 snaps for the Green Wave. He recorded solid 61 tackles, 12 assists, while adding 45 stops. In coverage Williams made 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 72.5. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 12 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 5 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Williams played in 12 games and contributed on 577 snaps. He recorded decent 54 tackles, 23 assists while making 28 stops. In coverage Williams chalked up 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 122.8. As a pass rusher, he produced 9 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Williams logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 772 snaps for the Green Wave. He also added decent 85 tackles, 31 assists, and 50 stops. While in coverage Williams made 3 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 84.6. As a pass rusher, he tallied 22 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 6 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- The talent is there as a sideline-to-sideline playmaker.
- He’s built like a defensive back but hits like a linebacker. Milano has sideline-to-sideline range and is a violent, wrap-up hitter.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- Is a gifted athlete with an impressive frame and a lot of raw ability. Williams needs to get stronger to do more damage at the point of attack and is very unpolished with the mental aspect of the position. Streaky instincts and anticipation.
- Williams has excellent awareness in zone coverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Williams lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. Williams lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- While Williams moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
Dorian Williams percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Dorian Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank