Draft Profile: BioEmory Jones from Heard County High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jones opted to join Florida.
In 2018 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games for the Gators as he threw for 125 yards on 16 attempts with a completion percent of 75 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with 2 TDs, while taking 2 sacks, and a QB rating of 136.7.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 8 games as he passed for 267 yards on 38 attempts with a completion percent of 65.8 for an average of 7.0 yards per pass, with 3 TDs, while also taking no sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 112.5. He made 42 runs for a total of 256 yards at an average of 6.1 per rush.
As a junior in 2020 Jones played in a total of 6 games. He passed for 216 yards on 33 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 57.6 for an average of 6.5 yards per attept, with 2 TDs, and allowing no sacks, with a QB rating on the year of 84.9. As a runner he logged 34 runs for a total of 215 yards at an average of 6.3 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Jones saw action in 13 games as he threw for 2729 yards on 348 attempts with a completion percent of 64.4 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with 19 TDs, while taking 12 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 91.0. He added 131 runs for a total of 817 yards at an average of 6.2 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
How other scouting services rate Emory Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank