- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Dual-threat quarterback with athletic footwork and mobility. Instinctive runner with very good toughness - uses stiff arms and runs with good body strength.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Lacks poise in the pocket and abandons his reads too quickly. Takes too many chances.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Marginal height, which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often.
- Strong enough arm to make basic throws but has only average overall arm strength.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
How other scouting services rate Emory Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank