Draft Profile: BioEmory Jones from Heard County High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Jones opted to join Florida.
In 2018 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games for the Gators as he threw for only 125 yards on 16 attempts with a completion percent of 75 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with only 2 TDs, while taking 2 sacks, and an elite QB rating of 136.7.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 8 games as he passed for only 267 yards on 38 attempts with a completion percent of 65.8 for an average of 7.0 yards per pass, with only 3 TDs, while also taking no sacks, and putting up an impressive QB rating of 112.5. He made 42 runs for a total of 256 yards at an average of 6.1 per rush.
As a junior in 2020 Jones played a total of 6 games. He passed for only 216 yards on 33 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 57.6 for an average of 6.5 yards per attempt, with only 2 TDs, and allowing no sacks, with a decent QB rating on the year of 84.9. As a runner he logged 34 runs for a total of 215 yards at an average of 6.3 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Jones saw action in 13 games as he threw for an impressive 2729 yards on 348 attempts with a completion percent of 64.4 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with an impressive 19 TDs, while taking 12 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 91.0. He added 131 runs for a total of 817 yards at an average of 6.2 per run.
After season's end Jones transferred to Arizona State where as a fifth year senior Jones saw action in 8 games as he threw for a solid 1530 yards on 200 attempts with a completion percent of 62.5 for an average of 7.7 yards per pass, with just 7 TDs, while taking 21 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 89.4. He added 40 runs for a total of 174 yards at an average of 4.4 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Jones plays with a confident demeanor and has the athleticism to move out of the pocket and create plays out of structure.
- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Athletic build with plenty of room for another 10-15 pounds of muscle mass. Mobile quarterback who can buy time in the pocket and is a threat to gain yards with his feet.
- He has a quick release and shows good accuracy on shorter throws when on the move to either side.
- Jones moves effectively and can throw on the run. He’s at his best on bootlegs, showing zip and accuracy on those throws.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as Jones tries to thread the needle too much.
- Has a way to go in terms of being able to process coverages and run a multi-progression passing game.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Emory Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank