Draft Profile: BioIsheem Young attended Imhotep Institute High School and was rated a 3 star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.868, going unranked by ESPN Following high school, Young opted to join Iowa State.
In 2020 as a freshman Young saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 463 snaps for the Cyclones. He recorded 40 tackles, 10 assists, while adding 14 stops. In coverage Young notched up 3 pass break ups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 68.4.
As a sophomore for the Cyclones in 2021 Young played in 12 games and took part on 580 snaps for the Cyclones. He made 46 tackles, 21 assists, and had 16 stops. In coverage Young totaled 2 pass break ups, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 19.1.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A well-put-together athlete with a strong build. Plays fast and flies to the ball with accurate angles.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
- Straight-line speed to take a pick to the house. Can punish receivers with closing speed and desire to hit at max impact.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Has good body control and balance to redirect and break down in the open field.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Isheem Young (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank