Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 188 (NE)
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Possesses good straight-line speed, fluid hips to turn and run, and explosiveness out of his breaks. Good vision and anticipation as a free safety.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Has very inconsistent tackling technique and too often just throws himself at the lower body of the ballcarrier instead of wrapping up.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
How other scouting services rate Joshuah Bledsoe (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank