Draft Profile: BioJack Nelson from Stoughton High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Nelson opted to join Wisconsin.
In 2020 as a freshman Nelson saw action in 2 games and played on a total of 9 snaps for the Badgers. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 769 snaps. He conceded 6 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Strong enough to control and plant linebackers and safeties attacking gaps.
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
How other scouting services rate Jack Nelson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank