Draft Profile: BioJalen Milroe from Tompkins High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Milroe opted to join Alabama.
In 2021 as a freshman Milroe saw action in just 3 games for the Crimson Tide as he threw for just 41 yards on 7 attempts with a completion percent of 42.9 for an average of 5.9 yards per pass, with just one TD, while taking 2 sacks, and an excellent QB rating of 101.8.
In 2022 as a sophomore he played in 7 games as he passed for just 297 yards on 52 attempts with a completion percent of 59.6 for an average of 5.7 yards per pass, with just 5 TDs, while also taking 5 sacks, and putting up QB rating of 83.6. He made 29 runs for a total of 287 yards at an average of 9.9 per rush.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a threat with his legs - his play-fakes are outstanding, and Milroe has the ability to manipulate safeties with his eyes.
- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Milroe must be accounted for when used in the read-option game.
- He’s an athlete who runs well and must be accounted for in the read-option game.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s often slow in his progressions and had trouble with some relatively simple coverage rotations.
- Has a way to go in terms of being able to process coverages and run a multi-progression passing game.
- Because Milroe lacks prototypical size, he will likely have issues in the pocket.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Milroe (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank