Draft Profile: BioJason Brown from Chancellor High School was rated a 2 star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.780. Following high school Brown opted to join South Carolina.
In 2019 as a freshman Brown saw action in one game for the Gamecocks as he threw for 96 yards on 26 attempts with a completion percent of 42.3 for an average of 3.7 yards per pass, with one TD, while taking no sacks, and a QB rating of 65.5.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 7 games as he passed for 721 yards on 109 attempts with a completion percent of 55 for an average of 6.6 yards per pass, with 8 TDs, while also taking 9 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 77.0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Sticks throws into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot on slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Flashes good accuracy to all levels of the field and has the arm strength to make every requisite NFL throw.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
How other scouting services rate Jason Brown (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank