Draft Profile: BioJustin Dedich from Chaparral High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Dedich opted to join USC.
In 2018 as a freshman Dedich saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 3 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 4 games and a total of 183 snaps. He conceded 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at center.
In 2020 as a junior Dedich saw action in just 2 games and totaled 102 snaps. He gave up just 3 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.
In 2021 as a senior Dedich saw action in 12 games and played a total of 534 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Dedich saw action in 12 games and played a total of 843 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Is effective when asked to pull, showing the agility, speed, and overall range to get out as a lead blocker, where Dedich locates defenders and shows the ability to adjust and land blocks against linebackers.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Shows good initial burst after the snap, with the ability to sink his hips and generate movement. He’s a heady and savvy pass protector, capable of making calls and setting protections at the line of scrimmage.
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- In the run game, he shows good burst off the line of scrimmage, with the ability to win at the point of attack. Dedich has enough speed and athleticism to move to the second level and land blocks.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Dedich lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and Dedich can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
- Solid all-around prospect, but he’s not elite in any one area.
- Dedich often sets too tall, which will be problematic against NFL speed-to-power rushers. He’s a bit underpowered in the run game, often coming off the ball too high and failing to play with proper leverage.
Justin Dedich percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Justin Dedich (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank