- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Not explosive in any aspect. Lacks the quickness to redirect and handle cut blocks. Unable to complete most combo blocks. Gets an initial shove at the line but doesn't move the second target. Poor body control and lacks accuracy blocking on the move.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- Not a natural knee-bender and gets too upright. Needs to play with better leverage and stay balanced through contact.
- Very raw technique, playing with inconsistent hand placement fails to sustain blocks.
- Struggles to get low enough to maintain leverage. Won't be able to cut more agile NFL linemen because he's not sudden and gathers before lunging.
How other scouting services rate Kody Russey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank