Signed as an undrafted free agent by Detroit Lions
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
How other scouting services rate Drake Jackson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank