Draft Profile: BioRoger Rosengarten from Valor Christian High High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rosengarten opted to join Washington.
In 2020 as a freshman Rosengarten saw action in just one game and played a total of 3 snaps for the Huskies. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played in 12 games and a total of 872 snaps. He conceded a disappointing 15 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Excellent quick-twitch movement off the snap in pass protection and as a run blocker.
- Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space.
- Hand placement is excellent, and Rosengarten shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Consistently keeps his feet sliding while maintaining power when dealing with speed, often sending speed rushers flying past the pocket
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll struggle to get a push at the points of attack against NFL defensive linemen.
- While Rosengarten displays a decent amount of strength at the point of attack, he lacks the raw power to re-establish the line of scrimmage in short-yardage situations.
- Plays with poor balance, doing too much reaching and lunging when his initial punch is ineffective. Trying to mirror against quickness will be a problem for him.
How other scouting services rate Roger Rosengarten (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank